The IED 528 Series Digital Communication Station is a network device used for initiating audio/visual announcements, messages, and pages with the IED family of Announcement Control Systems. It is a network appliance with its own unique IP address, which simplifies its installation and configuration. The 528 Digital Communication Station is unique in that it provides a 3.6 inch (diagonal) backlit color LCD display for a simple and flexible user interface. The color LCD display is configured using the system software to provide an intuitive human/machine interface (HMI) for making operation-specific announcements using prompts, general purpose announcements, or emergency announcements.
The LCD utilizes menus consisting of function buttons, navigation buttons, pop-up windows, and programmable soft keys. The menu-driven soft keys make the system easier to use when initiating announcements or messages, especially when used in conjunction with optional automated announcement system software that prompts the operator to input variables used to create the announcement. There is no need to memorize any keypad number combinations; however, a full 12 button keypad is also provided for user shortcuts. The 528 Digital Communication Station uses a single Ethernet interface for audio and control data. The 528 station is fully compatible with IEEE 802.3af standard for Power Over Ethernet (PoE), allowing the 528 to be powered directly from any standard off-the-shelf PoE switch.
The processing power for the IED 528 comes from the onboard 32-bit ARM processor. This powerful ARM processor manages the LCD controller, memory and graphics library, Ethernet interface, audio signal processing, and self-test diagnostics. With these additional user interface capabilities, the IED 528 is much more than a microphone station; it is a full Digital Communication Station. This and all IED LAN-based components are designed to maximize the benefits of a standard 100 Mbps Ethernet LAN based network, using off-the-shelf switches and structured CAT5e or better cabling. The IED 528 Series Digital Communication Stations utilize CobraNet® technology. The 528 Digital Communication Station elevates the simple and powerful user interface to the next level. With updated software applications and graphics files, the 528 is capable of enhanced system control beyond announcement and paging, such as background music selection, level control, and other future system parameters.
The IED 528 Series Digital Communication Stations utilize CobraNet® technology licensed from Cirrus Logic®. Live audio on the data network is time sensitive and requires minimal latency through the network to ensure uninterrupted audio. The IED 528 Paging Station and CobraNet® operate on Layer 2 (MAC Layer) of the OSI Model. This traffic will not operate on a Layer 3 Router or above. VLAN’s may be required for managing traffic as well as Quality of Service (QoS) and Prioritization configuration of network switches. The Ethernet switch connection to the 528 Series Microphone Stations must be set to 10/100 auto-negotiate and the unit will negotiate to 100 Mbps Ethernet.
Available Models Include
- IEDA528VFM-H Ethernet microphone station with color LCD, 20-button vertical w/ 501HH mic
- IEDA528HFM-H Ethernet microphone station with color LCD, 20-button horizontal w/ 501HH mic
- IEDA528SRM-H Ethernet microphone station with color LCD, 20-button rack-mount w/ speaker and 501HH mic
- IEDA528SRME-H Ethernet microphone station with color LCD, 20-button rack-mount w/ speaker and 501HH mic (for GLOBALCOM® vACS Systems)
- IEDA528VDT-H Ethernet microphone station with color LCD, 20-button vertical desktop w/ 501HH mic
- IEDA528HDT-H Ethernet microphone station with color LCD, 20-button horizontal desktop w/ 501HH
- IEDA528HDT-G Ethernet microphone station with color LCD, 20-button horizontal desktop w/ 500G
- IEDA528LD-H Ethernet microphone station with color LCD, 20-button locking door w/ 501HH mic