AtlasIED has long been a leading supporter of international standards for security equipment. The GLOBALCOM® 5400 Series is EN-54 certified for voice alarm systems. Originally introduced as a European standard for fire alarm systems, EN-54 has now been extended to cover voice evacuation to meet a growing trend in the market towards integration of fire alarm and voice evacuation systems.
Improved Daily Communications
While the 5400 Series is the key element for notification in your crisis management plan, it also excels as the day-to-day communication and paging solution required by the most demanding environments. From airports, subway and transit stations to hospitals, schools, stadiums, government facilities, office buildings and factories, the IED 5400 Series delivers the message clearly and concisely when seconds count.
Eliminates Large Equipment Room Installations
The GLOBALCOM® 5400 system is designed to eliminate the need for large head-end equipment room installations. It moves processing and intelligence to the edge of the network, yet maintains overall system control and management at the core. This innovative distribution system simplifies installation and significantly reduces costs by integrating with industry-standard structured cabling and network infrastructure.
The GLOBALCOM® 5400 Series is loaded with features that make it easy to use, scalable to any facility, and cost effective to implement.
• Decentralized architecture using autonomous controllers that communicate to each other via Layer 3
• UL-1711 listed amplifiers for fire protective signaling systems (required by UL-2572)
• EN 54-16 certified components for voice alarm control and indicating equipment
• Complete system supervision and testing from the microphone element to the speaker
• Continuous real-time ambient noise analysis and automatic output level control
• Fully-supervised logic inputs for fire alarm and security system interfaces
• Synchronous visual paging for recorded messages
• Multiple failover and system redundancy options
• Fully-configurable touch screen paging and communications stations
• Integrated VoIP telephone interface
• Works with DIRECTOR® for easy-to-produce custom graphical user interfaces
• Complete integration with existing GLOBALCOM® vACS announcement control systems or legacy 500 ACS systems (requires GLOBALCOM® vACS software)