The V2300 is a 4-channel 48V OCTO-BUS I/O plug-in card for VADIS frames. The OCTO-BUS Card is designed for use with Digital Public Address (PA) Systems and with Radio Broadcast (RBC) Systems.
The OCTO-BUS is a proprietary KLOTZ DIGITAL, fully bidirectional bus system for the exchange of audio and control data between a VADIS frame and its connected OCTO-BUS modules or between a VADIS frame and other OCTO-BUS-connected VADIS frames.
Apart from the audio and control data, the OCTO-BUS lines can also carry power, for example in the context of a PA System to internally supply connected OCTO-BUS Paging Panels. If necessary, the power has to be fed into the bus lines, e.g. via a Line Interface.
The V2300 has the following functions:
• Exchange of audio and control data between the following devices:
• VADIS frame holding the OCTO-BUS Card and OCTO-BUS modules or
• VADIS frame holding the OCTO-BUS Card and other VADIS frames, one other frame per OCTO-BUS
• Transmission of commands from the frame to the OCTO-BUS modules
• Transmission of status replies of the OCTO-BUS modules to the VADIS frame
• Monitoring of the supply voltage of the Line Interface
• Monitoring of the states of the OCTO-BUS modules